Manufacturing and Assembly
LightWorks Optics entered the complex aspheric components manufacturing market several years ago as a production enabler for some of the world’s most sophisticated telescope assemblies.
Aspheric and High Complexity Components
Among our full range of precision manufacturing solutions, we offer a computer-controlled deterministic polishing process to fabricate high precision aspheric components. We have the advanced technologies needed to produce very steep aspheric components in a wide variety of materials. Combining this with our high-precision metrology, allows us to achieve superb results for virtually every application.
LightWorks Optics' cutting-edge aspheric manufacturing capabilities include:
- Glass and metal components
- No parent required manufacturing - polish directly from off-axis blanks
- Thousands of waves of spherical departure
- On and off-axis designs
- Excellent surface figure
- Capacity up to 400 mm diameter
- Multiple Zeeko machines for high throughput
- Effective control of mid-frequency surface ripple
- Form TalySurf surface prefilometry
- Custom null testing for a wide range of applications
Optical Design and Engineering | Mechanical Design and Engineering | Manufacturing Engineering, Integration and Test | Turnkey Solutions | Diamond Turned Components and Assemblies | High Volume Production